November 18, 2020
What is influencer marketing?
This has become a preferred way of marketing, especially among online businesses and brands. It is engaging with people who understand you when it comes to your product or service that you are selling online.
It is a recent form that has come up and some people decide to do it as a full-time career. It has been noted that many people trust and prefer influencers' opinions or reviews of products or services as compared to traditional celebrities who give their opinions on the same products and reviews.
It may turn out that getting influencer marketing is what your business may need to move to the next step.
Below are a few tips one should consider when launching social media influencer marketing campaigns:
1. It is important to find the right type of influencer for the job:
This depends on the audience you want your product to reach. If one wants the product to reach young people as their target audience, it is important to use young influencers to do the job. It is also important to know what they mainly do posts about and find similarities in it. What this means is that, if the influencer you would like to hire does food advertisement and your product is different types of meals and beverages, you will already have an existing market from the audience of the influencer.
The best social media platforms to get influencers nowadays are YouTube and Instagram. The best types of influencers are those who find a way to connect your product to their personal life.
2. You have to understand that not all influencers have influence
This means that the influencer you choose to work with has to use your product to be able to give proper and honest reviews about it. The way they present the advertisements also matters. What it means is: does the advertisement look forced or is naturally blended into the influencer’s content?
It is also important to check the post engagement when the influencer posts about brands and see that how will work for you in the long run.
3. You also have to understand that some influencers have other influencers looking up to them
This means that when you get bigger influencers to help you promote your work, getting micro-influencers will be a bit easier to do. Once they see your work being promoted by big shots media influencers, it will be easier to get them to work for you.
4. The total cost of hiring an influencer to do the influencer marketing campaigns.
· This usually depends on whether for that particular influencer campaign you would like to use either macro or micro-influencers. This is what dictates your budget and how much you will pay the influencer per post.
· It also depends on how many posts you would like done by the influencer. Most influencers get paid per post.
It is important to discuss the cost openly with the influencer to not get into some arguments and misunderstandings here and there about the pay towards the end of your social media campaign.
5. Here are a few additional pointers that have not been discussed because they are pretty direct:
· When posting photos and products on your product, make the most informative and aesthetically pleasing to like on your brand's page. The posts should not only bring out the idea of selling the product but should also catch the attention of the followers and non-followers thus directing them to your other posts.
· When posting, it is important to have products and services for everyone in your target audience whether it is in affordability or the type of product, there has to be something for everyone and anyone.
· When doing influencer market campaigns, it is important to note that consistency is key. With online businesses and how they post, it is always important to know that out of sight, out of mind and we do not want that, do we?
· It is important to use both macro-influencers who do advertising on a large scale and micro-influencers who do it on a small scale for you to reach more people from all walks of life.